Social Media – Facebook Ads
Social media can be an inexpensive way to target specific demographics with your advertising. Facebook ads are a great way to start if you are new to using paid advertising through social media. Paid ads can be very beneficial because you will be able to reach Facebook users who don’t necessarily follow your page already. Here are a few steps to follow to set up a paid Facebook Ad:
1) Log into the personal account of one of the individuals who manages your establishments Facebook account.
2) In the upper right hand corner select “Create” from the menu.
3) Select create Ad.
4) You will then be promoted to select what your objectives are for your campaign. There are three different categories to chose from. We have bolded the options below that best suit most of our partners to make this part easier for all. Once you decide which works best for you select that option and hit continue at the bottom of the screen:
- Brand Awareness: Reach people more likely to pay attention to your ads and increase awareness for your brand.
- Reach: Show your ad to the maximum amount of people.
- Traffic: Send more people to a destination on or off Facebook such as a website, app or Messenger conversation
- Engagement: Get more people to see and engage with your post or Page.
- App Installs: Send people to the app store to download your app.
- Video Views: Promote videos that show behind-the-scenes footage, product launches or customer stories to raise awareness about your brand.
- Lead Generation: Collect lead information from people interested in your business.
- Messages: Get more people to have conversations with your business in Messenger or WhatsApp to complete purchases, answer questions or offer support.
- Conversions: Get people to take valuable actions on your website, app or in Messenger, such as adding payment info or making a purchase. Use the Facebook pixel or app events to track and measure conversions.
- Catalog Sales: Create ads that automatically show items from your catalog based on your target audience.
- Store Visits: Promote multiple business locations to people who are nearby.
5) After selecting your campaign type you will be prompted to select your audience. This will vary by establishment and the demographics you want to bring into your establishment. We always strongly encourage 21+ age range and including slots and video poker in the detailed targeting section. If you need help deciphering other options for targeting your campaign feel free to reach out to us for more insight and assistance.
6) Next step is setting a budget, for this section it will depend on what you want to invest in your social media advertising and how many ads you will be running. After your budget is set hit continue at the bottom of the page to move onto the next step.
7) On the next page select the page you would like to identify this ad with. This is especially important if you are a manger of multiple Facebook pages.
8) Next step is setting up the creative part of the ad. The first selection is what type of format you will want. There are options for video, carousel for multiple photos, and single images. Select the option that best fits the graphic or video you want to boost.
9)Next will be writing the text that will go along with your graphics. This will be where you can promote your gaming area, food, event, or anything you think is important for people to know about the establishment. We can advise on this if you are unsure -reach out to your RM today and they will set up a time to meet or speak with a member of our marketing team to assist you.
- This section will include options to add a headline (title), description, and even the option to add a link to your establishments website for the whole ad or for each individual photo or video you posted as it scrolls.
10) We highly suggest reviewing all of your info using the review button in the bottom right before confirming the ad
11) After reviewing and making any edits needed you can chose the confirm button to start your Facebook Ad.
12) Facebook will provide you information about how many people the ad reached to see how successful the advertising was for you.
The world of social media is constantly changing and we are here to help you with it as much as we possibly can. If you have any questions on any of the steps above or want our suggestions on content please feel free to reach out to your account relationship manager or email our marketing team at email@example.com today.