Last Revised: 14 January 2022
- Platforms. As indicated below, this Policy applies to various technologies we provide, specifically:
- Website. Our website at: https://www.goldrushgaming.com/, as well as any websites and blogs owned by the Company (the “Website”).
- Kiosks. When you participate in our rewards program on a kiosk, tablet or other device (a “Kiosk”) at a participating establishment or licensed location (“Licensed Locations”).
- Services. Including, but not limited to, participating in Company surveys or participating in Company rewards program (collectively, the “Services”).
This Policy applies to information we collect on a Platform, Service or in emails and other electronic messages between you and a Platform or Service, and information gathered when you interact with our advertising on third-party websites if such advertisements include links to this Policy.
As part of the operation of the Platforms and Services, certain pieces of information are gathered about the users (individually, “you” or a “User”). This Policy contains explanations regarding the types of information collected, what is done with such information, how we protect such information, and how to correct or change the information. This Policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party, or information collected by any third party through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from a Platform (for further information, see below, “Third-party Websites”).
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, then please do not use our Platforms or Services. By using our Platforms or Services, you agree to the terms of this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see below, “Changes to this Policy”). Your continued use of our Platforms or Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
What We Collect and How We Collect It
To ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience, we will store, use, and share information about you in accordance with this Policy.
Information You Provide to Us
Personal Information is any information that can be used to individually identify you from a larger group, such as data including, but not limited to, your:
- first and last name;
- date of birth;
- driver’s license number;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- mailing address; and
- comments or messages provided in free text boxes.
You may provide us Personal Information when you:
- register for our rewards program at a Licensed Location;
- participate in any of our Services;
- request information from the Company via the Website; and
- subscribe to our emails.
The information that you provide in each case will vary. In some cases, you may be able to provide Personal Information via email or free text boxes, such as contacting the Company to request further information. When providing your Personal Information, please provide only relevant information and do not provide unnecessary sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers, credit card information or other sensitive personal data. Additionally, we may ask you to create a username and password, or a specialized PIN, that should only be known to you.
You may register, or redeem a prize, for our rewards program at a Kiosk at any Licensed Location. When you register or redeem a prize, you may provide your first and last name, telephone number, a scan of your driver’s license (which includes your driver’s license number), date of birth, gender or mailing address. Additionally, when registering, you will be required to create a unique PIN that should only be known to you. Once registered, each time you visit a Licensed Location, you will only need to enter your phone number and PIN, or swipe your driver’s license, in a Kiosk to log-in. The rewards program will have its own rules and regulations regarding reward points and how they are earned and used, so please read those rules and regulations carefully.
Occasionally, provided that you have opted in, we may ask you to fill out a survey to get your input and feedback about our Platforms and Services. Surveys are voluntary and you can choose what information is disclosed in the survey. When participating in a survey, please only provide relevant information and not sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers. We will use your answers to improve our Platforms and Services.
In addition to the information that you provide to us when using a Platform or participating in a Service, we may also collect information about you during your visit to our Website. We collect this information using automated tools that are detailed below. These tools may collect information about your behavior and your computer system, such as your internet address (IP Address), the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while using the Website. Some of the tools we use to automatically collect information about you may include:
- Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your device’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use either (or both) of them:
- Session cookies, which do not stay on your device after you close your browser, and
- Persistent cookies, which remain on your device until you delete them or they expire.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Website.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, we may not be able to provide some of the services that you request.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our Website to help us understand how you arrive at our Website, browse or use our Website and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies remember choices you make such as the country from which you visit our Website, your preferred language, and your search parameters. This information can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our Website more tailored to your preferences. The information in these cookies may be anonymized. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. These cookies remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties, such as advertisers.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Website’s features or lose access to some functionality.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of the third-party marketers we engage with may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our Website. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your Personal Information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
- Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
- Third-party Websites and Services. We work with a number of service providers of marketing communications technology. These service providers may use various data collection methods to improve the performance of the marketing campaigns we are contracting them to provide. The information collected can be gathered on our Website and also on the websites where our marketing communications are appearing. For example, we may collect data where our banner advertisements are displayed on third-party websites.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Privacy Preferences
We want to provide you with relevant information that you have requested.
If we provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters, we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed. Transactional or service-oriented messages are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide goods and services, and are not intended for the purposes of marketing. Examples of such service-oriented messages include confirming PIN changes and prizes/order updates and deliveries.
We will not intentionally send you email newsletters and marketing emails unless you consent to receive such marketing information. After you request to receive these emails, you may opt out of them at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided.
Accuracy and Access to Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain and process your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements. We employ technologies designed to help us maintain information accuracy on input and processing.
Where we can provide you access to your Personal Information in our possession, we will always ask you for a username and password, or unique PIN, to help protect your privacy and security. We recommend that you keep your password or PIN safe and that you do not disclose it to any other person or allow any other person to use it.
To view and change the Personal Information that you have provided to us, you can log in to your account on a Kiosk at a Licensed Location and follow the instructions, or you can contact us directly for assistance by using the contact information listed in the “How to Contact Us Section” below.
Information of Minors
We do not intentionally seek to gather information from individuals under the age of twenty-one (21). We do not target our Platforms or Services to minors, and would not expect them to be engaging with our Platforms or Services. If we are aware of any Personal Information that we have collected about minors, we will take steps to securely remove it from our systems.
How We Use Your Information
The information we gather and that you provide is collected to provide you information and the services you request, in addition to various other purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and to provide customer service and support.
- Preventing malicious activity and providing you with a secure experience.
- Providing service and support for services you request.
- Providing marketing communications that are effective and optimized for you.
- Keeping you up-to-date with the latest benefits available from us.
- Preventing unwanted messages or content.
- Measuring the performance of our marketing programs.
- Contacting you about services and offers that are relevant to you.
How We Share Your Information
We will not share Personal Information with any third parties except as described in this Policy, including the following:
- Licensed Locations. We may share your Personal Information with a Licensed Location, in which the Licensed Location may use the information to contact you or for uses as otherwise described in this Policy. Licensed Locations are not owned or operated by the Company, and the Company has no responsibility for Licensed Locations’ actions. Licensed Locations’ actions are based on Licensed Locations’ own policies and procedures, so please read those carefully. Questions regarding a Licensed Location’s policies and procedures should be directed to the Licensed Location.
Additionally, employees of the Licensed Locations may have access to the Personal Information that you provide on a Kiosk, solely for the purpose of providing you services, such as assisting you with logging in to your account, correcting your Personal Information or updating a forgotten PIN.
- Vendors. We may share your Personal Information with third-party vendors, contractors, and other service providers working on behalf of the Company that require access to your Personal Information to carry the Services.
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party:
- if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, or court order;
- to respond to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities;
- to investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity; or
- to respond to an emergency that we believe in good faith requires us to disclose such information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or Company employee.”
There are circumstances where the Company may decide to buy, sell, or reorganize its business in selected countries. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to share or receive Personal Information with prospective or actual partners or affiliates. In such circumstances, the Company will ensure your information is used in accordance with this Policy.
Your California Rights
The Company’s Services are intended for use by individuals within the State of Illinois and therefore are not designed nor intended to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act. Regardless, we will process all Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
Other than as disclosed in this Policy, the Website does not track users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, the Website does not operate any differently when it receives Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your internet web browser.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Platforms and Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to: email@example.com
For Users Outside of the United States
Our Platforms and Services are designed for use by individuals in the United States only. We do not warrant or represent that this Policy or the Platforms or Services use of your Personal Information complies with the laws of any other jurisdiction. Furthermore, to provide you with our Platforms and Services, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States and other locations around the world, including countries that may not have the same privacy and security laws as yours. Regardless of the country in which such information is stored, we will process your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
Changes to this Policy
Safeguarding the Information We Collect
We use commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards in order to protect your Personal Information against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, we can never promise 100% security. You have a responsibility, as well, to safeguard your information through the proper use and security of any log-in credentials used to access your Personal Information, such as a unique PIN. If you believe your credentials have been compromised, please notify us immediately. Please also notify us of any unauthorized use.
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions and welcome your feedback. To contact us about this Policy or your Personal Information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org